Top 18 Lessons Learned About Camping in Gatlinburg
Here are the Top 18 Lessons Learned About Camping in Gatlinburg. I hope it helps you if you decide to head that way.
- If you stand under a tree after a thunderstorm, and you shake said tree for effect, you will get wet.
- There are 31 Cracker Barrels between Benton and Gatlinburg.
- Bug said 5,985,375,956 words ON THE TRIP DOWN THERE!
- Rats on the sidewalk do not constitute wildlife.
- When you see boxer briefs lying outside your camper, please don’t assume it is your husband’s and pick them up.
- When your awning isn’t tied down, it will blow over your camper during a thunderstorm.
- Pirates DO NOT live in Pittsburgh.
- Teen girls will cry randomly and without warning.
- BEWARE: twitterpated animals are everywhere (the ducks beside your camper, the chickadees in the KFC parking lot, and even the skunks on exhibit). Be prepared to body slam your teenager when she is arguing with the younger four children over the fact that the animals are not fighting. They are ____________.
Camping in Gatlinburg
Having your first vacation with your whole family can be exhausting. Yet, having children experience the Gatlinburg attractions and Pigeon Forge is the most fun. It was a learning curve on these vacation days!
- Camper upholstery is very ugly, but the fact that it is durable and can stand up to copious amounts of ketchup makes up for that fact.
- Yes, there are real Indians in the world.
- If you run out of room in the trunk of your vehicle, feel free to duct tape the remainder of your items on the hood of your car.
- When searching for a “free” hermit crab, prepare to hear “want crabs?”. It is an innocent question.
- You will never meet a stranger while camping.
- Urine. It happens in the camper (sans toilet) or off the mountain.
- Campers will always tell you which rope, knot, and tree to use when tying up your children.
- Opening the gate to the swimming pool and moving out of the way can cause black eyes.
- Ducks quack at 3:30 in the morning.
You must log in to post a comment.