30 Things that Make Me Happy
Getting back in to writing, as I have taken quite a bit of time off. The reasons for taking time off are many, but that is not what I want to focus on today. So, here are 30 Things that Make Me Happy.
- My grandchildren
- When all my kids are together
- Cheese, coke, pasta
- Doing what I love
- Cats (and my 1 dog, Sissy Baby)
- Talking to my mom
- Getting my hair done
- A clean house
- Going for car rides, alone
- Physically feeling better
- Hair growing back in, somewhat (explanation at a later date)
- Baby giggles
- Good sleep
- The smell of Patchouli, cinnamon, and siberian fir diffusing
- Steak Fajita bowl with extra queso
- Pebbled leather or soft leather purses
- Feelings of peace
- Helping others
- Combining like objects so I can throw the extra packaging away (this is a real thing)
- Finally understanding a concept
- Reading good books
- Feeling loved
- Listening to 50s & 60s music
- People I can trust
- Hot showers
Thoughts on This
Honestly, this was harder than I thought it would be. I mean the first few are no-brainers but the rest, I am literally sitting here thinking “what does make me happy?* Happiness is circumstantial and can come and go like the tides of the ocean. Lately, I have not been happy very much due to the circumstances that I have dealt with on a daily basis.
Joy, however, comes from the Lord. In short, you can have been in the middle of the darkest time of your life and still have joy. Joy does not swirl around your circumstances. It is a state of being. Do I have a lot of joy? Uhm, no. Do I have a mustard seed? Yep, but just the tiniest seed.
Not gonna lie, it has been hard around here for a long time. There have been moments of brightness but for the most part, lots of valleys. I am thankful for my family that continues to lift us up, in their prayers. Their support has been amazing, however, there is so much I haven’t shared with anyone. They know that and call me out, occasionally, to “use my words” and come out of my hole.
Slowly, I am emerging…into the Light.