Cream of Soup Mix
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 2 cups dry milk powder
- ¾ cup organic cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- dried thyme, ½ teaspoon
- basil, ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk.
- Store in an airtight container.
To make into soup:
- Combine 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 ¼ cups water in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- On medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thick. Cool.
This amount = 1 can condense cream-of soup.
For Cream-of Chicken Soup: use 1 ¼ cups chicken broth instead of water.
For Cream-of Mushroom Soup: use water; add ¼ cup diced, cooked mushrooms to the soup after it thickens.
For Cream-of Celery Soup: use water, add ¼ cup diced, cooked celery to the soup after it thickens or add a dash of celery seed to the mixture while it’s cooking.
This, for me, is easier because I can control the salt content. Also, it saves well in a glass mason jar. Furthermore, it is freezable. This makes all things a bit better in my life.
You must log in to post a comment.