This is a very good Chicken Enchilada Lasagna. It was not without its challenges, but overall, it tasted really good.
- 2. c. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 4 T. oil
- 2 c. water
- Pinch salt
Put all of these in a food processor and I pulsed until mixed well.
Next, they were rolled into little balls and wrapped in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Once ready to use, put 1 ball on a floured surface.
Roll out thinly.
Cook on the griddle, be sure to flip halfway through.
These did NOT work well for rolling the chicken mixture into it BUT they did do well in a “lasagna” form. I will be trying out other recipes, as well, to see which one I like the best.
Gluten-Free Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 3 T. Chili powder
- 2 c. chicken stock
- Seasoning (I use a mixture of 1 c. kosher salt, 1/2 c. onion powder, and 1/8 c. pepper. Normally, I would add 1/2 c. garlic powder, but my son is allergic so I eliminate that)
- Instant potato flakes OR 3 T. Arrowroot OR Cornstarch to thicken it
- 2/3 c. sour cream15
Saute onion in oil.
Add seasonings and tomato paste.
Add chicken stock and whatever thickening agent you choose.
Simmer until thick.
You may want to tweak the seasoning as needed.
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Onion, chopped and sauteed
- Seasoning (above)
- 2 cans of green chilies
- 15 ozs white beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
Mix all this together in a giant bowl.
Also needed, was cooked rice (I cooked mine in my instant pot and the liquid I used was the liquid from cooking the chicken). Also, Monterey Jack Cheese and green onions.
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
I used 2 11×9 pans. Spray them well.
First, do a good swirl of the enchilada sauce.
Fourth, chicken mixture.
Fifth, Enchilada Sauce.
Repeat ending with cheese.
I placed my dish on a cookie sheet to prevent spillage and I covered it.
Baked at 350 for 30 minutes.
Removed aluminum and bake for another 20 minutes.
Served with extra cheese, green onions, or a splash more chili powder, if needed.